Information in relation to mission and outreach in Ireland for Prayer Focus can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB ADDRESS: www.missionireland.org
FOLLOW AND LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/missioninireland
MODERATOR OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The Moderator as he attends the following:
- Friday 31 October – Tuesday 18 November Visit to Kenya with Board of
Naas Naas Presbyterian Church – Revd Mark Proctor
- Recently we have explored our vision for mission locally. Please pray for us as we continue to think this through and put some of it into action.
- Soon we will be exploring our vision for mission globally. Pray for us as we work out how a small fellowship like ours can be part of what God is doing around the world.
- The first few Bible Study evenings have gone really well. These have been attended by folks from the congregation and by others too. Please pray that God will use these times together in His Word.
- SoulWorks is a monthly music night for young people which the YMCA runs in our building. Please pray for the next one on Friday 7 November, and especially for gospel opportunities.
Rathmullan, Milford & Kerrykeel Presbyterian Churches – Revd Janice Browne
Prayer and Praise for:
- Pray for the GB and BB Enrolment Service on 14 November.
- Pray for the young people as they take their promises and give thanks for the leaders of GB and BB and for their commitment to the advancement of God’s kingdom amongst girls and boys.
Kilkenny Presbyterian Church – Revd Daniel Reyes Martin
Prayer and Praise for:
- We have recently started a new Christianity Explored course, and soon, we will start another two at least. Some members of the church have opened their homes to Christianity Explored courses and they have committed themselves to invite family members, neighbours and others. Pray that God will bring them along to hear God’s Word and to know the Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Continue to pray for the rest of the weekly outreach events that also take place: door-to-door, Bible Study in the Community Centre, Bible Clubs in Kilkenny and Castlecomer, Youth Club and Fellowship, among others.
- We give thanks to God for the RTE Service on 28 September. Pray that those who watched it would have been touched by God’s Word and Spirit.
- Please pray for the advertisement (see below) and interviews to fill in the Youth Worker’s post in the coming weeks. May the Lord be Sovereign and lead us to the right person.
Kilkenny Presbyterian Church seeks to appoint a Youth Worker (Part-time)
The role will be to encourage the young people of Kilkenny Presbyterian Church to become fully devoted followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and to identify outreach and missional opportunities in the locality amongst young people.
The person appointed will report to the Kirk Session through the Minister and should be a committed Christian who is in sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
This is a part-time (26 hours per week, including weekend work) two year post. Salary €18, 645.00
Deadline for application, 28 November 2014.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Job Description & Applications forms are available from:
Rev. Daniel Reyes Martin,
7 Parkview Drive
Christ Church Presbyterian, Sandymount, Dublin – Revd Katherine Meyer
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks for the Explorers, a self-organizing group based in the local area and supported by the churches, who gather to explore Scripture together once a month. The numbers are growing, the buzz is increasing, and the format is attracting people from a wider area, so we pray that all would be open to the work of the Spirit in our midst.
- Please pray for the Church Council, as several of our members are coping with the serious illness of an immediate family member, so we are particularly in need of mutual support.
- Pray also for the working group which is looking at how to re-imagine our pastoral engagement with those who have no formal or past link to Christ Church, but who seek our support in times of distress.
- Give thanks for the continuing strength of our monthly craft markets, which has enabled large numbers of people from the local area to feel at home in our hall and grounds, and who are calling in to the church more regularly as a result.
Edengrove Presbyterian Church, Ballynahinch
- Pray for a series of special meetings to commence soon. Billy Patterson will be speaking on Sunday 9 November and a number of special outreach events will be held during the week.
- Bible World is a large 40ft mobile classroom from the Scottish Bible Society. Bible World will be in Ballynahinch from Monday 10 November to Friday 14 November. During the week local schools have been invited to bring pupils to visit the exhibition and all sessions have been booked. Each child will receive a free copy of Luke’s Gospel. www.bibleworld.co.uk
Farmers Mission - 14-16 November 2014
- Farmers Mission at Ballymena Livestock Market 14-16 November. Pray for Tom Saunderson who will be the speaker each evening.
- For more information contact 077 3253 8168.