Information in relation to mission and outreach in Ireland for Prayer Focus can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB ADDRESS: www.missionireland.org
FOLLOW AND LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/missioninireland
MODERATOR OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The Moderator as he attends the following:
- Thursday 20 November 6.00pm Abbey Presbyterian Church, Dublin
150th Anniversary Service
- Sunday 23 November 11.30am 2nd & 3rd Rathfriland Presbyterian
Church - PW 60th Anniversary Service
7.00pm Balteagh Presbyterian Church Praise
Service for ‘LOST’ (Limavady Service Outreach
- Tuesday 25 November Morning Worship at Belfast Bible College
Rathmullan, Milford & Kerrykeel Presbyterian Churches – Revd Janice Browne
- Pray for Messy Church on Sunday afternoon, 30 November.
- Pray for Norma as she leads the worship, Janice who leads the Bible Story and Bernie as she directs the messy part – the craft activities.
- Pray many will come and that we have a great time of fun and fellowship together.
Craigavon Urban Mission Congregation – Revd Lachlan Webster
Praise and Prayer for:
- Thank God for the 90 people who are currently reading through the whole New Testament as part of the “Community Bible Experience”.
- Praise God for the growth in children from the community attending our Good News Club.
- Pray for growth in our Young Life Youth Club, which we run jointly with the Baptist Church.
- Pray also that more leaders would come forward for this organisation.
Howth & Malahide Presbyterian Church – Revd Alastair Dunlop
- Pray for our Christianity Explored Course running in Howth Yacht Club.
- Pray for seeds sown in a recent hot debate with Sixth Years in Malahide Community School. The vast majority of pupils said they did not believe in God, and yet did believe in asserting universal rights and wrongs. My challenge: “On what basis have you to assert your own moral values as universal truths?”
The class went nuts. I never even got to my talk. Eventually one guy said, “Well, maybe if there is a God He should come down and reveal Himself”. It was the perfect introduction to Christianity.
- Thank God that our financial giving has begun to increase, as it really needs to.
- Thank God for this reflection on ‘Going Bananas’ (our kids club in August) from one of the visiting team from Portadown: http://www.edenderryce.org/news/1218/malahide-2014-mission-reflection
Lisnaskea, Lisbellaw, Maguiresbridge & Newtownbutler Presbyterian Churches – Revd Rodney Beacom
Prayer and Praise for:
- Pray for our outreach event – hosting the African Children’s Choir Christmas Concert in the Share Centre, Lisnaskea, on Friday 5 December. Pray that the event would be a time of fellowship and reaching out to different denominations and that opportunities would be available to share the gospel through prayer, conversations and hospitality.
- Give thanks for answered pray for those people struggling with health issues and pray for the gracious hand of our God to be upon them in the weeks and months to come.
- Continue to pray for a moving of the Holy Spirit in our land; that peoples of all creeds will see their need to come to Jesus in repentance and faith.
International Meeting Point, South Belfast – Keith Preston, Irish Mission Worker
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks that recently the International Meeting Point was really packed, with many women coming to the morning English Classes. There were 84 people there at lunchtime. A Sudanese lady who has only just started coming to the Meeting Point made lunch. New visitors were from China, Africa, the Middle East and Central Europe.
- Vera led a lady’s Bible Study and I was delighted to see a Chinese lady who I gave a Bible to last week attending the Study. One of the ladies spoke with Vera during lunch about her desire to become a Christian and after prayer asked Christ into her life. She is a local lady who has been showing an ever increasing interest in the things of God. Pray with us that she may be grounded firmly in her new found faith.
- Pray too for two Polish men and one Iranian who have said they will attend the Bible Study for the first time.
- Pray for our Discipleship Explored Course which is held on a Tuesday night.
- Pray for Les, Barbara and Keith as they lead it and for the fifteen students who attended last Tuesday night.
Kilkenny - Tom Dowling, Irish Mission Worker
- Pray for those attending Christianity Explored at the moment and for effective follow-up.
- Pray also for those attending the Ossory Park Bible Study.
- Pray that more doors will open for the gospel and that by God’s grace we will be continually making new contacts for Christ.
Westport – Rhonda Glass and Karen Burns
- Please continue to pray for lasting fruit from the free Bible offer in the ‘GoodNews4You’ Bookshop. Over 550 Bibles have now been given out.
- It has been good to welcome the Fishel family in the past couple of weeks – Ryan, Simona and their two lovely little children. Please pray for them as they settle in and begin to work with us. Ryan is American and Simona is from Lithuania. They have been working on the east coast of Ireland for a few years now.
- Pray for Sonya Anderson who will commence maternity leave in late December; that she would keep well as she continues to serve in Shore Street Presbyterian Church, Donaghadee.
- Pray for Joanne and Rob Dunlop on the birth of their baby daughter on Friday 17 October.
- Pray for Heather McCracken as she continues to work between Alexandra congregation and the Royal Victoria Hospital.
- Pray for Student Deaconesses, Rachel Cubitt and Heidi England, as they settle in to studies at Union Theological College.
The Christmas Retreat – Crown Jesus Ministries
- Each Thursday over the months of November and December, Crown Jesus Ministries are opening a Prayer Room in Belfast City Centre. Located at 16 Rosemary Street, this is a place for busy people to take ten minutes rest from the stress of Christmas and allow the team to pray blessing into their lives.
- Open each Thursday you are warmly invited to stop by if shopping or working in the town.
- If you would like to volunteer some time to assist in this prayer ministry opportunity, please contact Mitch at the Crown Jesus office.
- Mitch explains the reason behind the project: “The real message of Christmas is very simple; Jesus Christ is Immanuel, God with us. Too often, by the time we have bought the presents, hosted the parties, attended the dinners, roasted the turkey and chased the last relative out the door, we have missed the opportunity to just be still and allow Jesus to come close to us, to speak to us and be what He wants us to be. The prayer room is an opportunity to create space, set down our phones and be still.”
- This will be the last prayer focus that I edit and send out. Many thanks to everyone who has been so faithful in sending information for prayer and to those who faithfully prayed, and I trust will continue to pray for Mission in Ireland.
- It has been such an encouragement to know that throughout Ireland individuals and churches have been faithful in praying for the work of Mission in Ireland.
- Can I ask that you pray for me as I seek God’s direction for future ministry? I sincerely thank you for your fellowship in the gospel. If you would like to keep in contact my new email: email@example.com; www.robinfairbairn.com