Information in relation to mission and outreach in Ireland for Prayer Focus can be emailed to email@example.com
WEB ADDRESS: www.missionireland.org
FOLLOW AND LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/missioninireland
The Moderator as he attends the following:
- Friday 31 October – Tuesday 18 November Visit to Kenya with Board of
Ballyhobridge, Clones, Newbliss & Stonebridge Presbyterian Churches – Revd Stanley Stewart
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks for the Special Harvest evening service in Newbliss on 5 October when there was a good attendance of friends and neighbours from across the community along with the congregation; when God was truly praised by the singing of the Tullyallen and Mountnorris Male Voice Choir and the preaching of Revd Nigel Reid.
- Give thanks for the Variety Gospel Concert held in Clones on Saturday 11 October 2014. A wonderful, entertaining and inspiring evening with the hall full to overflowing with 300 people from across the community in attendance.
- Pray for our recently appointed Youth Worker (Trainee), Richard Marcus of High Kirk congregation, Ballymena. Pray that he will quickly settle in to this rural area and balance the demands of his three year degree programme with the Centre for Youth Ministries Ireland and his 14 hours per week work in the Clones group of congregations where his role is to develop a programme of activities around the Peace Link Sports Centre facility in Clones, building good relations with and between young people as well as support the youth work in the congregations and the local presbytery.
- Website: http://ClonesGroupPresbyterianChurches.btck.co.uk/
Ballymote, Killala & Ballina Presbyterian Churches – Revd Molly Deatherage
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks for the response from the community to the “Combat Cancer with Coffee” day we had in early October. In spite of not having our notice published in the local paper, a steady stream turned out for a cuppa and a donation. We are praising God for the over €1,700 we received to donate to regional cancer facilities.
- Give thanks for the turn outs at our three Harvest Festivals. We are especially grateful for the people across the community who came to the Ballymote Harvest Festival.
- Please pray with us for our bi-monthly service of prayer for healing, taking place on the evening of 9 November in Ballina. A team from YWAM will be coming to pray with those coming forward for prayer.
Aghada Presbyterian Church – Revd John Faris
- In a desire to be more accessible to the community, Aghada Presbyterian Church (in rural east Cork) is holding a series of “Reflections on the Psalms” on Thursday evenings (October 23 & 30, November 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30). Please pray for this outreach.
Pettigo, Tempo & Irvinestown Presbyterian Churches – Revd Charles Clements
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks that the Harvest Services at Pettigo were well attended and that in the worship and in the harvest displays we were able to focus on the generosity of God and to reflect on how our lives should show the fruit of His Spirit. As seeds of faith have been sown in our lives, so in word and life we sow more seeds of faith and trust God to gather His Harvest.
- We have 14 children at Tempo SUPA Club, so we give thanks for all of them and for the enthusiastic way they entered into the theme we chose. They have really grasped the essence of the Parable of the Sower and we pray that the seeds of faith that have been sown will grow in wonderful ways. Jeff gets married to Vicky on 29 October. So please pray for them as they begin married life together.
- Irvinestown PW members are looking at the possibilities of starting a walking group that would meet on Mondays for a trial period. The PW members want to connect better with some of the younger women and families in the congregation, so please pray that this initiative will be faith driven and God guided.
Londonderry - Strand Presbyterian Church
- Please pray for “Deep”, a new weekly student event started in October by the Presbytery of Derry & Donegal and “Exodus”. Andy Lamberton is heading up this late night (10pm) time of Worship, Word & Conversation, supported by Revd Nigel Craig. They are operating out of the old Strand Presbyterian Church in Londonderry. The first night was lively and well-supported.
- Please pray for the students who attend, that their walk with Christ would deepen, and that they would be strengthened in their witness to those around them.
Sonya Anderson, Deaconess – Shore Street Presbyterian Church, Donaghadee
- Please pray for a four-week simple Ladies Bible Study that we hope to run during November. We had a similar Bible Study before Easter this year and were able to engage with ladies at different stages of their faith.
- Continue to pray for our ‘Meaning of Life’ course on Thursday nights. We would love to see people come to faith and others grow in their faith.
Sharon Heron, Deaconess – Strand Urban Mission Congregation, East Belfast
Prayer and Praise for:
- Please pray for nine people attending Christianity Explored; that they will make a decision for Christ.
- Praise God for new families attending the congregation in Strand.
- Pray for new people attending English class, that we can build on good relationships.
- Pray that the coffee area would develop.