Information in relation to mission and outreach in Ireland for Prayer Focus can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB ADDRESS: www.missionireland.org
FOLLOW AND LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/missioninireland
PRAYER FOCUS: 1 – 7 October 2014
MODERATOR OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The Moderator as he attends the following:
- Thursday 2 October Attend Festal Evensong at Armagh Cathedral
- Saturday 4 October 3.00pm New Row Presbyterian Church, Coleraine
Re-opening of Church Halls
- Tour of Carrickfergus Presbytery
- Sunday 5 October 11.00am 1st Carrickfergus Presbyterian Church
Afternoon - Joymount Presbyterian Church Re-dedication of Burning Bush Sculpture
7.00pm Ballynure Presbyterian Church Harvest
- Tuesday 7 October Morning - Visit to 1st Islandmagee Presbyterian Church
Afternoon - Woodland Presbyterian Church, meeting
Evening - Magheramorne Presbyterian Church
HOME & IRISH MISSION
Craigavon Urban Mission Congregation – Revd Lachlan Webster
- Pray for the successful conversion of a large store room into a classroom in order to accommodate our expanding Sunday school and Crèche.
- Pray for the congregation as they read through the New Testament during October and November using the “Community Bible Experience” material.
- Pray for the Good News Club which meets on Friday evenings as it starts up again in October.
MullingarPresbyterian Church – Revd Stephen Lockington
- Pray for the teenage youth group, SOLID, as it kicks off again on Friday 3 October. It’s a twice monthly, two hour programme - this session engaging with the Youth Alpha Programme.
- Pray for Oodles & Doodles as it meets weekly on a Wednesday morning; for relationships to be built for the Gospel’s sake.
Ballina, Ballymote & Killala Presbyterian Churches – Revd Molly Deatherage
Praise and Prayer for:
We are praising God for two Bible Studies, one in Ballina and the other in E. Mayo. Please pray with us that these will be effective discipling times.
- We are decorating our Ballina church building for harvest a couple of days early and on the Saturday will have a kind of “open house” to let the community come and see the decorations. Some of the ladies are offering a cup of tea or coffee for a donation to the cancer unit in Mayo General Hospital. Every time we do something like this, people come who have never been through the doors before. Pray for those connections.
- Our harvests are opportunities to minister across the community. Pray for all those who come, that they will be drawn closer to Jesus through every aspect of the services.
Lisbellaw, Lisnaskea, Maguiresbridge & Newtownbutler Presbyterian Churches – Revd Rodney Beacom
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks for the ‘Friendship Hour’ which begins on Thursday 9 October – a new monthly event and a time when ladies with a spare hour or so can come to the manse and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, a chat and a time of fellowship and friendship.
- Please pray that through this, relationships will be strengthened, encouragements and burdens will be shared, and opportunities to share the gospel will come and that people will look to and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour.
Tempo Presbyterian Church – Revd Charles Clements
- SUPA Club gets under way on 2 October and will run for 4 weeks. As it is Harvest we plan to take a look at the parable of the sower. We hope to welcome some new members from P4 as well as children who have previously attended. Please pray that we may also find some extra help to run the club and for more involvement from Tempo congregation itself. May the good seed of God’s Word take root in the lives of the children who come along each week.
Howth & Malahide Presbyterian Church – Revd Alastair Dunlop
- Faith & Work Breakfast for the Business Community on Friday 3 October at the Grand Hotel, Malahide. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/416794140489126764/
Doreen Draffin, Deaconess – Whitehouse Presbyterian Church & NI Hospice
Praise and Prayer for:
- Give thanks for new faces at Sunday Morning Kidzone, continue to pray for each child settling in. There is a need for additional leaders. Pray for Christians to take up this challenge in teaching children.
- Thursday afternoon is our Day Time Bible Study for seniors. It’s good to see new folks coming along. Together we are studying the life of Peter, with audio visual of a well-known missionary.
- Thank you for your prayers for my visits to NI Hospice. On Thursday morning I conduct the daily share and prayer service. Day patients also attend which is a great encouragement.
- Continue to pray for the rebuild of our new Hospice at Somerton Road.
- Pray for the Irish Mission Workers and Community Outreach Workers who will spend some time together in Glenada Conference Centre in Newcastle on Monday 6 – Tuesday 7 October.
- Pray for Roger Carswell who will be the Speaker at the retreat.
- Pray for the Deaconesses who will spend some time together in Glenada Conference Centre on Tuesday 7 – Wednesday 8 October, and for Revd Christoph Ebbinghaus who will be the Speaker.
- Pray that everyone will be refreshed and encouraged by this time away.
Billy Patterson (Retired Irish Mission Worker) – Newry
- Members of congregations in Newry Presbytery plan to distribute 10,000 leaflets on Thursday 2 October, advertising Billy’s Hotel Bible Study, which begins again in the Canal Court Hotel on Tuesday 7 October. Pray for sufficient help to distribute the leaflets and for a good response as people receive them.
- Pray for Billy as he prepares to commence the Hotel Bible Study; that he will know the Lord’s blessing and leading.
- Pray for people to come to the Bible Study and for lives to be brought to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the Presbytery commission overseeing this work, that it will know the Spirit’s leading and guiding as to the longer-term future of this important work in Newry.
Gortin Presbyterian Church – Revd Roger McElnea
- Pray for Gortin congregation as they host an outreach evening on Friday 3 October at 8.00pm in Gortin Community Centre. The special Speaker will be Mr George Barkley, along with the Vision Praise Team and Mr William Sayers. Everyone is welcome.
- Pray for the people of the village, as each home has received a Gospel CD and an invitation to this event. Pray too for people in other local areas where there has been no evangelistic outreach for generations, who have received invitations.
- Pray for God’s Word as it goes into homes in this way; that it will bear fruit for generations to come.
- Pray that members of the local community will attend and bring others with them.
- Pray that this outreach will be an encouragement to the local congregation as they continue with their Harvest Celebration of God’s Faithfulness on Sunday evening at 7.30pm, with special Speaker Rt. Rev. John Dixon.